Shaping Global Vaccine Acceptance with Localized Knowledge
The inaugural VARN Conference has now completed.
Thank you for participating!
See the recordings page to access video on demand.
Recordings are available in English, Arabic, French, Portuguese, and Spanish.
This virtual gathering promoted collaborative exploration of research results from around the globe and shared and discussed key priorities and opportunities emerging across the ecosystem of vaccination programs, policies, and practice.
Along with presentations of global, regional and local-level vaccine acceptance knowledge, the conference also included the establishment of VARN technical working groups (TWGs). We aim for these TWG engagements to be participant-shaped and driven. We expect to engage the unique perspectives of participants to set and sustain an agenda for action-oriented collaboration and future meetings and activities. The focus of the TWGs are as follows:
- Community-centric Methods to Support Marginalized & Hard-to-reach Populations
- Fighting the Infodemic & Harnessing Social Media for Good
- Data Integrity & the Evaluation of Best Practices
- Supporting Communities of Practice Networks and Platforms
Working with Sabin VAD leadership, the VARN2022 conference planning committee included:
- Dr. Ève Dubé, PhD, VARN Chair, Quebec National Institute of Public Health, Canada
- Baldeep Dhaliwal, MSPH, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Dr. Momin Kazi, PhD candidate, MBBS, MPH Aga Khan University, Pakistan
- Dr. Freddy Eric Kitutu, PhD, Sustainable Pharmaceutical Systems Unit, School of Health Sciences, Makerere University, Uganda
- Dr. Rupali Limaye, PhD, MPH, MA, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Rubina Qasim, MSc, Institute of Nursing, Dow University of Health Sciences, Pakistan
- Dr. Holly Seale, PhD, MPH, School of Population Health, University of New South Wales, Australia